Job Ref: 235903
Job Title: Estates Surveyor
Salary: £300 p/d
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Ensure the Council's rent roll is collected in a timely manner by keeping up to date records and monitoring payments, reviewing arrears and preparing options for the Senior Estates Surveyor. Ensure the property records are kept up to date and amended on completion of transaction. To manage contractors in the delivery of professional services (including but limited to Asset Valuations, Rating advice and Landlord & Tenant services).
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* To lead on the negotiation of rent reviews and lease renewals on behalf of the Council, both in its capacity as a Landlord and Tenant
* Process applications for assignments, alterations, change of use, licences, easements and other related matters
* Ensure the use of sites and buildings is compliant with landlord and tenant obligations. Provide recommendations for corrective action is to the Senior Estates Surveyor where necessary
* Ensure best value is achieved in property transactions in line with Council and Government policy
* To take responsibility for reviewing the Council's rent roll, arrears and make recommendations to the Senior Estates Surveyor for corrective action or intervention where appropriate.
* Provide advice on property matters including property ownership and leasehold obligations to tenants, customers, colleagues and client
* Advising on existing property assets, acquisitions, disposals, settling rent reviews and lease renewals and agreeing new lettings
* To arrange and hold progress meetings with clients to ensure compliance of instructions
* Instruct internal and external solicitors, surveyors and other professional advisors under the guidance of the Senior Estates Surveyor
* Provide professional advice to members, the Asset Management Working Group, Asset Management Board, Senior Management and officers of the Council and to the general public. Provide an estates focal point for external bodies.
* To act as an expert witness on behalf of the Council in matters that may be litigious or contentious.
* To liaise with existing and prospective Third Sector tenants, and with their funders or sponsors, to try and meet their property requirements and ensure tenants' business plans are sustainable so they can meet their obligations.
* To work to the agreed standards for approving valuations within the team and where appropriate ensure compliance with the RICS appraisal and valuation manual.
RICS AssocRICS Graduate APC Agency West-end
For further information on this or any other related positions do not hesitate to contact George on 0207 960 2586 or
Mattinson Partnership brings together recruitment expertise with hands-on experience. Through our knowledge of the industry, we are able to provide a unique and specialist service. We respect the need for absolute confidentiality and offer every assurance that your application will be handled with the highest levels of professionalism. We actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
For Further Information on the Mattinson Partnership visit www.mattinsonpartnership.com