A London-based sustainable transport consultancy is looking for freelance transport / sustainable travel consultants for project-based work.
We are looking to expand our network of freelance consultants at the graduate to principal consultant grade who are available on a project-by-project basis to support proposals and projects.
Projects include behaviour change and travel plans, community/public/business engagement, public consultations, campaign management, data collection and research, and urban freight.
About the organisation:
We are a consultancy specialising in transport behaviour change and reducing the transport impact on air quality. Our key clients are local authorities and Business Improvement Districts in London and the home counties.
You will be a freelance consultant with experience in supporting and delivering sustainable transport projects. You will have strong consultancy skills, including delivering specific client requirements within budget and achieving client satisfaction. Strong written and spoken communication skills are essential. Candidates will be graduate to principal consultant grade.
Key skills and experience:
As part of our freelance network, we are looking for consultants with multiple technical skills. Consultants should have a strong knowledge/background in several of the areas listed below:
* Air quality
* Behaviour change
* Community engagement / business engagement / public engagement
* Campaign management
* Data collection, analysis and research
* Development Control Travel Plans and School Travel Plans
* Transport funding and policy
* Personalised Travel Planning / Motivational Interviewing
* Project management
* Public consultations
* Urban freight and Delivery and Servicing Plans (DSPs)
* Walking and cycling projects
Role and responsibilities:
* Support proposals for consultancy work
* Support and/or manage projects
* Write reports and deliver other project outputs