We are a London-based sustainable transport consultancy looking to take on an event planner on a freelance basis for project-based work.
For the first event, the planning stage will begin in on 17 January and the event will take place on 16 March. The purpose of the event is to promote a new schools air quality accreditation programme. It will be attended by school children and teachers, and will last half a day. This job will require 6-7 days of event planner's time, spread out between the start of the planning stage and the event itself.
We expect to be delivering larger events in the spring, and successful delivery of the March event is likely to lead to further work.
You will have a qualification in event planning and/or relevant event planning experience. You will be organised, outgoing and creative. You will be working with a transportation planner who will be responsible for the content of the event (i.e. the messages and training about air quality).
About the organisation:
We are a consultancy specialising in transport behaviour change and reducing the transport impact on air quality. Our key clients are local authorities and schools in the London area.
Key skills and experience:
* Qualifications and demonstrable experience in event management
* Strong organisational and communication skills
* Ability to deliver client requirements within budget
* DBS is required
Role and responsibilities:
* Working with transportation professional to plan event that meets client requirements
* Liaising with venue managers, security, food providers, etc.
* Arranging audio/visual elements
* Setting up the room as required (tables, seating, etc.)
* Attending the event and ensuring it runs as planned
* Take detailed notes throughout the process, noting what worked well, suggestions for future events