Project Director EIA - Environmental
Location - UK Based, preference for Birmingham or London offices
Salary - Competitive salary offered, together with performance bonus and equity vehicle
May Walters is a boutique search consultancy specialising in senior positions within the environmental sector.
Our client is a leading global multi disciplinary with a reputation of delivering high value and complex engineering and environmental solutions to clients. Comprising established engineering and planning divisions, they have the reach into the both domestic and international markets which has enabled them to lead a number of high profile major infrastructure programmes, in addition to complex development projects.
The environmental division is equally well established and is looked upon with some kudos in the organisation, it has also been successful in acquiring new clients and projects such that considerable new resource will be added to the division over the next 12 months to allow it to grow and therefore maintain the quality of delivery for clients. The range of services offered by the environmental division includes international finance & ESIA through to health and environmental risk assessment, however substantial growth will seen by environmental management and all elements of EIA teams,
An opportunity has been identified for an individual to strengthen the leadership team of the environmental division. In addition to playing a senior leadership role within the UK as part of the Environmental Senior Management Team, the successful individual would take responsibility for leading the delivery of a number of recognised programmes. Responsibilities would include;
• Leading the efficient delivery of complex environmental programmes
• Mentoring and leadership of existing team, thought leadership and delivering advice on emerging environmental legislation
• Develop a trusted partner relationship with clients, working with other divisions to identify and advise on further commercial opportunities
• Represent the EIA team at a national level within the business
In addition to being appropriately qualified and chartered, it is envisaged that the right individual would;
• Be located in the UK, preferably in the Midlands or South for easy access to projects and to maximise leadership potential
• Demonstrate a good technical understanding of EIA or planning lead project delivery in the UK
• Have a track record in delivering complex environmental projects on time and budget within the UK
• Have a background in delivering EIA, or sub EIA projects ie ecology
• Be able to develop client relationships and translate technical issues in a commercial manner
Interest would be welcomed from all who can demonstrate a proactive and professional approach to clients as a pre-requisite. This is a senior role within the organisation, however applications would also be welcome from individuals who would see this as a next step up and can demonstrate drive and enthusiasm to make their mark in the industry..
For the right individual, a very competitive package would be constructed, together with a performance related bonus, reflective of the role and contribution made. Equity could form part of the package for the right applicant. In terms of prospects, the culture of the organisation is geared towards enabling individuals to achieve their professional goals and understanding these goals would form a part of the interview process.
It is notable that despite having a large international footprint and resource, the environmental division is managed autonomously, therefore it can provide a large scope of progression and a supportive culture indicative of a smaller company.
Feel free to contact Martin Higgins in confidence for further information;
firstname.lastname@example.org or 0121 582 8863