Senior Environmental Consultant - Permitting, EDD, EHS
Location - UK / Midlands to North West
Salary - £30,000 - £60,000 Depending on Experience
May Walters is a boutique search consultancy specialising in senior positions within the environmental sector.
An opportunity has arisen with our client, an expanding global multidisciplinary consultancy for an individual to join the team.
Our client is a leading global multi disciplinary with a reputation of delivering high value and complex solutions to clients. The environmental division is expanding and has an established trusted relationship with clients, delivering advisory work at a senior level.
Their UK business employs nearly 300 environmental staff based from a number of locations, and covers a breadth of consulting services structured around service areas including; Compliance, Transactions, Impact Assessment, Sustainability and Project Finance and Product Stewardship. The extensive client base includes global multinationals, local and central government and international institutions.
An exciting opening has arisen for a senior consultant to help develop and contribute to the team, who are based throughout a number of offices within the Midlands up to Manchester. A motivated individual is sought, who is currently operating in a technical and professional organisation and is developing a proven track record in the delivery of quality consultancy services to high profile clients. There is a requirement to deliver to clients the areas of Environmental Due Diligence, Environmental Compliance and Management, and Property Environmental Site Assessment.
The successful candidate would join an established and enthusiastic team in Manchester’s multi-disciplinary office and would contribute to the delivery of a range of interesting projects and client management, principally in the UK but also internationally.
In return, our client can offer an exceptional culture and working environment together with exposure to a variety of clients and service areas to expand your technical and market understanding
• Technical competency in ‘auditing’ to various standards and formats.
• Sound understanding of current and emerging environmental legislation, within the UK and Europe.
• Through understanding, application and review of the UK’s environmental permitting regime.
• Taking the lead on consulting projects, from bid preparation, technical output, to invoicing and collection.
• Confident personality with the ability to liaise with colleagues, clients and supervise sub-contractors, where required.
• Clear and efficient verbal and written communication.
• Day to day management of multiple project workloads.
• Good time management skills, initiative and the ability to work without continual supervision.
• To be able to effectively contribute to the development and growth of client business.
• Ability to use IT packages (including MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook and MS Project).
Qualifications / Experience
• Relevant degree, or higher in environmental sciences, or a related environmental discipline.
• IEMA Registered Auditor status, or similar appropriate accreditation.
• Experience in the delivery of high level technical reports across a range of industry (manufacturing, chemical, pharmaceutical, power, oil & gas) and property sectors.
• Delivery of environmental compliance aspects of multi facility audits
• Hands-on experience of environmental permitting applications, regulatory engagement and delivery.
• Full clean driving licence
Interest is encouraged from individuals who have fit the above and are interested in progressing their careeer.
Feel free to contact Martin Higgins in confidence for further information;
email@example.com or 0121 582 8863