Principal Environmental Air Quality Consultant
Location - England/Central London
Salary - Competitive salary offered
May Walters is a boutique search consultancy specialising in senior positions within the environmental sector.
An opportunity has arisen with our client, US lead consultancy establishing in the UK, for an individual to join the team.
Our client, an environment, energy and infrastructure consultancy employs over 4,500 technical professionals and support staff located at more than 100 offices throughout the US and now in London. Established in the US during the 1960s, they provide integrated services to a broad range of clients with a global footprint.
The UK business has been established a number of years with the opening of a London office, they deliver environmental services to a broad cross section of organizations from the corporate, property and investment sectors. The UK business focuses on the provision of core environmental consulting services to corporate, private equity and property clients. Their services are solutions driven around advice on environmental due diligence and transaction support, contaminated land investigation and remediation, environmental planning and permitting, EHS management and compliance and energy use reporting and reduction.
To support ambitious growth plans applications are sought from air quality consultants. The successful candidate will have experience in project planning, air quality modelling, air quality impact assessment and mitigation strategies. They should have a strong technical knowledge in air quality, with the ability to manage client relationships and develop new skills and knowledge. Most importantly, they should be self-motivated, enthusiastic and able to work within a dynamic business environment.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Project management of site investigation and impact assessments including the provision of mitigation advice
• Preparing proposals including formulation of robust work scopes and budgets
• Be client facing and able to liaise with local authorities and lead discussions with clients and other stakeholders
• Support business development initiatives, led by the Property Sector Director
Required Qualifications and Skills:
• BSc or higher (preferably post-graduate qualification, such as MSc) in environmental acoustics or environmental science with post-graduate experience
• anticipated 8+ years of UK environmental consulting experience
• Full Member of the Institute of Air Quality Management (IAQM), or qualification to become such a member
• Strong technical background knowledge within air quality management, including preparation of desk-based air quality and dust impact assessments, design of air quality and dust monitoring strategies, emission calculations, dispersion modelling, supporting the Environmental Impact Assessment process, supporting the environmental permitting process, preparing Air Quality Management Plans, supporting strategic projects or due diligence reviews through provision of specialist advice
• Detailed understanding of environmental regulations related to the assessment and management of air quality
• Excellent organisation, leadership, communication, interpersonal and analytical skills
• Ability to work independently or in a project team with excellent problem solving, writing, and presenting skills
• Experience in engaging proactively with clients to deliver new business opportunities as well as maintaining current relationships
• Must possess a driving licence and passport and be willing to travel within the UK and, occasionally, overseas
It is expected that, on average, around 70% of time would be spent on managing and delivering project work, with the remainder spent on business development activities and in training and supporting colleagues.
In return the successful candidate will be dealing with a variety of interesting projects and be able to work with an established and renouned Air Quality division in the US to extend their technical exposure. They will be instrumental in the development of the business within the UK, providing considerable opportunity to develop their career. The organisation has established clients and business that it needs to deliver, therefore the current focus is on organic client development as opposed to increasing market share and the organisation has a supportive and flexible culture.
The position is located in a London office, some training and meetings are likely to be held in the US.
Feel free to contact Martin Higgins in confidence for further information;
email@example.com or 0121 582 8863