Our client is a one of the world's leading multidisciplinary consultancies consisting of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical specialists offering a broad range of professional services. They are currently seeking to appoint a Civil Engineer AND Senior Engineer with specific expertise in flood risk assessment and drainage design to join their busy Civils team in Glasgow.
The ideal candidate will have a proven ability in drainage design for a range of proposals with a strong capability in analytical design and good report writing skills. You will have the opportunity to work on a wide variety of prestigious multidisciplinary projects spanning the property, infrastructure and energy sectors.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
* Identifying key issues relating to flood risk and drainage schemes and proposing solutions
* Preparation of Flood Risk Assessments (FRA) to NPPPF and Drainage Strategies
* Preparing conceptual and detailed design and specification of below ground storm/ foul drainage and SUDs infrastructure
* Preparation of associated technical reports
* Mentoring junior members of staff
* Liaise with colleagues, contractors and external third parties
Qualifications / Experience:
* Degree in relevant subject (e.g. Civil Engineering)
* Chartered or working towards chartered status (e.g. ICE or CIWEM)
* Experience in undertaking and managing (Senior) designs for storm/ foul drainage and SUDs
* Knowledge of relevant legislation and design guidelines (e.g. DMRB, Sewers for Scotland, CIRIA SuDS Manual)
* Knowledge of AutoCAD, MicroDrainage and hydrological modelling software is desirable
* Good verbal and written communication skills
For further information on this or any other related positions do not hesitate to contact Gavin on 0141 375 7955 or
Mattinson Partnership brings together recruitment expertise with hands-on experience. Through our knowledge of the industry, we are able to provide a unique and specialist service. We respect the need for absolute confidentiality and offer every assurance that your application will be handled with the highest levels of professionalism. We actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
For Further Information on the Mattinson Partnership visit www.mattinsonpartnership.com