If you are looking for a development planning role, this is the position for you. My client is looking to fill a number of position in the UK, they are looking for people with experience of around 5 to 10 years with a "can do" attitude. The role is a project management and task delivery small and medium sized projects for some of the established and new clients. You must be technically strong and can design and scope the work required on meeting the client and then plan and manage the resource required to deliver the commission.
Technical experience and skills, with a solid grounding in transportation planning for public and/or private sector clients, and likely to consist of a mix of:
* Planning policy, transport assessments or development control.
* Application of operational transport models for junctions (PICADY, ARCADY, LINSIG or TRANSYT and/or microsimulation).
* Application of wider area modelling in scheme impact assessments.
* Scheme appraisal using WebTAG and cost-benefit analysis.
* An ability to undertake and appreciate methods to deliver bespoke analysis regarding initial scheme viability.
* Parking, local traffic, lorry management and other local transport plan issues including cycle and walking strategy development.
* An ability to conceptualise and articulate a path that will transform a local problem or issue into a set of options and evidence for consideration through to outline design.
* Traffic engineering experience and minor scheme design for urban areas
Qualifications / Experience:
* The candidate will be actively in the process of achieving professional accreditation either through ICE, CIHT, TPP or equivalent.
* They will be expected to be able to communicate well and establish excellent working relationships with clients.
* An ability and desire to make presentations for industry events / seminars / external professional groups would be attractive, as would experience coding using Visual Basic for Applications (VBA), Python or other languages.