Our client boasts some of the best projects in the world and it currently has an exciting opportunity for an experienced geo-environmental professional to work as part its well-established team. The position will encompass significant time on client's sites across the UK and Europe (but predominantly in southern England).
The purpose of the role is to provide technical expertise in the area of geo-environmental engineering across a range of programmes & projects and for a range of clients. This will include:
• Planning, programming, co-ordinating and preparing reports for specific projects
• Negotiating with regulators and statutory consultees
• Preparing cost estimates for projects
• Supporting more senior members of the team in proposal and bid writing.
• The day to day management of junior staff on projects
In order to be considered for this role, you will have:
• A Master's degree (or equivalent) in a relevant subject.
• Chartership (CEnv, CSci, CGeol or GEng)
• Proven geo-environmental experience within a range of sectors including industry, defence and utilities
• A strong technical background in the investigation, remediation and validation of contaminated land, site specific risk assessments, CLEA and other risk models, groundwater contamination, P20 assessments, landfill gas risk assessments, remediation techniques, waste soil classification, validation etc.
• Strong knowledge of site investigation methods
• Good project management skills and commercial awareness
• An experienced level of decision making
• Strong communication skills - both verbal and written
• Good organisational skills and the ability to multi-task. Must be able to meet tight time constraints, and have a willingness to work extended hours as required
• A full UK drivers licence
When applying for this vacancy please ensure that you attach your CV in WORD FORMAT including your full contact details and postal address. Failure to provide this information will significantly hinder our ability to assist you.