A leading multidisciplinary consultancy is looking to strengthen their Health & Safety team by appointing a senior fire safety consultant within both their London and Cambridge offices.
You will undertake fire safety engineering work, to include supporting design projects within and outside the UK. This will mainly involve desktop reviews of design projects on the initial stages and supporting the fire safety discipline. Although the role will predominatly be within the building sector, the opportunity to venture into other sectors may arise.
As a member of our Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) team, you will be required to support our Principal Fire Safety Consultant in the development of fire safety strategies, fire safety risk assessments & evacuation studies. Also, to generally support other safety risk management duties across the Safety Risk Management team.
* The successful candidate would be expected to have a suitable engineering, scientific or other numerate degree from a recognised university.
* Qualifications should be recognised by a professional engineering body and the candidate should aspire to full membership of this.
* We are looking for an enthusiastic, versatile candidate who is willing to learn and get involved with projects, take on challenges and work to support other experts within our Safety Risk Management team when the need arises.
It would be an advantage to have knowledge / experience of some of the following:
* Hazard Identification;
* Understanding ALARP (As Low As Reasonably Practicable);
* Fire Risk Assessment principles;
* Fire evacuation;
* Appreciation or basic knowledge of Fire dynamics, heat transfer and smoke behaviour principles in enclosed environments (particularly in undergrounds and tunnels);
* Active Fire Protection (AFP) and Passive Fire Protection (PFP) systems; fire modelling simulation (using zone models such as CFAST and CFD-based models such as FDS).
For further information on this or any other related positions do not hesitate to contact Ross Billingham on 0207 960 2584 or
Mattinson Partnership brings together recruitment expertise with hands-on experience. Through our knowledge of the industry, we are able to provide a unique and specialist service. We respect the need for absolute confidentiality and offer every assurance that your application will be handled with the highest levels of professionalism. We actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
For Further Information on the Mattinson Partnership visit www.mattinsonpartnership.com