Our client is an environmental consultancy that is highly respected as a leader in its sector. This exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Land/Environmental Management specialist to manage and practically deliver land and water management, ecology, woodland and agricultural contracts in a fast moving, client focussed commercial environment for a range of development, utility and rail projects.
The role will involve:
• Applying for and obtaining a range of environmental consents and permits
• Involvement with water constraint surveys and flood risk assessments for permitted development activities or statutory undertakers
• Preparing Environment Management Plans (EMP) and Waste Management Plans (WMP) for client projects through the different phases of design and delivering the works
• Negotiating favourable commercial terms and managing subcontractors/suppliers
• Tendering and managing contracts for land management works on clients land
• Project management including preparing project method statements, health and safety and environmental risk assessments, materials and traffic management plans as well as project quality plans
• Supervising practical works on site effectively as well as managing quality and commercial issues
• Depending on your expertise, providing management advice on contracts and on long term land management contracts
• Support sales and business development activities through establishing excellent relationships with existing clients, finding new clients and assisting with preparation of proposals and tenders
In order to be considered for this role, you will have:
• A full driving licence and the ability to work flexibly with regard to type of work, timing and location
• Good generalist knowledge of land management, water management, agriculture and environmental issues
• Experience of the application process for obtaining a range of environmental consents from legislative bodies
• Experience of preparing Environmental Management Plans and Waste Management Plans
• Suitable qualifications, e.g. working towards membership of either the Association for Project Management (APM), the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) as a Rural or Environment Surveyor, or the Institute of Environmental Management & Assessment (IEMA).
When applying for this vacancy please ensure that you attach your CV in WORD FORMAT including your full contact details and postal address.