I am currently working for an Engineering and Architectural practice who are looking for an Associate Structural Engineer to join their Bedfordshire office. The structures team was set up a year ago and this is an opportunity to be part of the development of the team and the wider firm as they undergo a significant rebrand. The team works across several sectors with a focus on residential developments.
They have a strong pipeline of work thanks to the retained work they have with clients on the civils side. The team is led by a director, working with 4 engineers and technicians. A Senior/Associate Engineer is now needed to assist the director with running the team and checking the work of engineers. This person will act as the Director's 2nd in command. The role would suit someone approaching or recently chartered, with over 6 years' of post-graduation experience. The ideal candidate will be experienced in working with all the main structural materials and a range of project types. This role would suit a Senior Engineer looking for more responsibilities.
* Working closely with the Director and become involved in the majority of projects in the team, including leading on projects.
* Providing management for the rest of the team.
* Assisting the director in managing workload, fees and invoicing.
* Checking the work of engineers and technicians.
* Attending meetings to represent the company to Clients
* Taking personal control of more complex projects, particularly at the concept stage
Expected Skills / Qualifications
* Around 6 years' experience in the design of building structures.
* Degree in civil or structural engineering.
* Ability to design in all the main structural materials.
* Ability to lead and mentor more junior staff.
* Experience of using TEDDS calculation package
* Knowledge of AutoCAD.
* Desire take responsibility for projects and assist in the development of the team.
* Capable of sketching to quickly explore ideas and communicate with others.
* Experience in producing and checking structural calculations.
* Good written and verbal communication skills.