An exciting job opportunity has become available to join one of the UK's most highly respected leaders in the environmental and rural sector as an Arboricultural Consultant. This company prides itself on providing excellent environmental consultancy and research expertise across the board in both the private and public sector. If you want to join a team of highly skilled arboriculturists and chartered foresters and accelerate your professional development in a fast moving, client focused commercial environment then this is the opportunity for you.
Role & Company:
As an Arboricultural Consultant you will flexibly carry out arboricultural surveys, visual tree inspections, hazard and risk assessments and dealing with tree preservation order issues. Using your survey expertise you will interpret your findings, write reports and produce management plans in accordance to UK legislations and planning in relation to the requirements of BS5837.
During your day to day you will be working closely with a team of Arboriculture professionals and collaborate with colleagues from multidisciplinary backgrounds; such as ecologists, archaeology and planning and landscape consultants. You will be managing and servicing on-site implantations on a wide range of projects, supervising contractors, delivering work on time and ensuring client satisfaction.
Building good client relationships and identifying opportunities for follow-on work is one of the company's top priorities, with focus on personal targets, developing future proposals and approaching new clients.
Qualifications & Experience:
This role is suited for an out-going charismatic individual with previous experience of professional arboriculture work. The ideal candidate should also have:
* Equivalent of Level 5 arboricultural qualification
* Experience writing reports and management plans to BS5837.
* Undertake arboricultural surveys for utilities and landowners using the principles of Visual Tree Assessment in accordance to BS3998.
* Using THREATS, QTRA or other recognised systems to produce tree risk management surveys.
* Ability to write proposals, assisting with large tenders and achieving personal targets.
* Strong communications skills and build excellent client relationships.
* Full UK drivers licence