Our client, a multidisciplinary consultancy with a strong pipeline of projects, is looking for a Highways Drainage Design engineer to join their team in Manc. A large proportion of their work comprises residential projects for housing developers and as a result there is plenty to keep the team busy. This is a great opportunity for someone ready to step up and take sole responsibility for projects and offers excellent career progression for the right candidate.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
* Work with various design teams on a wide range of drainage design projects.
* Deliver project tasks on time, to budget, safely and to the highest possible standard.
* Strive to achieve the highest levels of client satisfaction at all times.
* Minimise, and work to resolve, all possible risks which could impact scheme delivery.
* Build relationships with internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
* Provide technical advice to other related teams as required.
Qualifications / Experience:
* Strong experience in highway and/or and drainage design and construction
* Strong experience of Highway and/or Drainage Authority approval procedures
* Possess an understanding of technical standards (including relevant British Standards and technical guidance documents) relevant to highways and drainage design
* Educated to a high level in civil engineering or a related discipline (progress towards Professional Membership of the Institution of Civil Engineers preferred)
* Good understanding of WinDES and experience in cascading design and Greenfield run off assessment.
* Excellent organisational, interpersonal and technical skills
* A high level of technical written and verbal communication skills
* Civils 3D, PDS, 12D & 3D CAD knowledge is beneficial
* Able to take responsibility for projects and take on a client facing role.
* Some experience of Flood Risk Assessments would be an advantage.