Our client is a respected planning and design consultancy with a network of UK offices and an impressive array of client across the commercial, residential, education, healthcare and rural sectors. They are seeking to appoint an experienced Senior or Principal Town Planner to join their friendly team in Aberdeen. They will consider flexible working and there is scope to divide time between offices.
The successful candidate will be an ambitious Town Planner with a relevant degree and demonstrable experience across development management and planning strategy/ policy. You will have the opportunity to undertake a range of planning consultancy work within a sociable and supportive office made up of urban designers, masterplanners and architects.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
* Undertake a wide range of development management, planning policy, land promotion and consultancy work across a range of sectors spanning housing, education, leisure and commercial
* Prepare and present reports, planning appraisals, bids and applications for major developments
* Prepare evidence for appeals, including acting as an expert witness when necessary
* Provide supervision to more junior staff and assist in their professional development
* Ensure projects are delivered on time and to budget
* Assist in the preparation of bids and proposals and seek out new business opportunities
Qualifications / Experience:
* Degree educated in a relevant discipline (Town Planning)
* Chartered member of Royal Town Planning Institute (MRTPI)
* Demonstrable planning experience within local authority or consultancy
* Good knowledge of relevant UK legislation
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to develop and maintain strong business relationships
* Full UK driving licence
For further information on this or any other related positions do not hesitate to contact Gavin on 0141 375 7955 or
Mattinson Partnership brings together recruitment expertise with hands-on experience. Through our knowledge of the industry, we are able to provide a unique and specialist service. We respect the need for absolute confidentiality and offer every assurance that your application will be handled with the highest levels of professionalism. We actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.