This is a fantastic time to join RPS. We are looking to recruit highly motivated and ambitious employees to work on a wide variety of high-profile projects. With an enviable client list, and the highest calibre multi-disciplinary back up team, we are able to offer unparalleled opportunities to showcase your talents and truly develop your career.
We are looking for an experienced geo environmental professional to work within the site investigation and remediation team providing support and assistance across a range of environmental projects. The successful candidate will be:-
• A flexible worker willing to attend site works as required;
• An enthusiastic learner looking to develop their skills and knowledge in this area;
• Able to collect and interpret environmental data and information;
• An effective contributor to the overall success of the team;
• Able to present / discuss projects with clients and Regulators; and
• Able to support delivery of innovative, environmental solutions to our clients;
The role for the successful candidate is to:
• Contribute to projects to ensure client requirements and deadlines are met and are undertaken in accordance with the QA system
• Respond to and deal with technical queries on projects as required and in a professional and timely manner
• Take accountability for own contribution and delivery of projects
• Prepare proposals with support from senior staff
• Undertake timely and accurate completion of timesheets and expenses claims
• Develop and maintain strong client relationships.
The successful candidate will work in the Site Investigation and Remediation Team in Bristol on a range of projects and technical areas including but not limited to:-
• Undertaking site reconnaissance visits and desk studies
• Undertaking geoenvironmental intrusive investigations to including supervising drilling rigs and trial pitting and soil, gas and groundwater sampling
• Undertaking groundwater and gas monitoring programmes
• Organising ground investigations and procuring drilling contractor and laboratory services
• Logging / characterisation of soils and rocks to BS5930, BS 14688, BS14689 and BS22476
• Preparing safety documentation including risk assessments, method statements and H&S Plans and working in accordance with the CDM Regulations
• Sample chain of custody and laboratory analysis scheduling
• Factual reporting (Desk Top Studies and Site Investigation Reports), data management and support to interpretative reporting including risk assessment
• Support with remediation design, supervision and verification
• General geo-environmental consultancy support on a wide range of exciting and challenging projects
The role will necessitate travel inside the UK and a driving licence is required.
You will need to hold a Degree in ground engineering, contaminated land or a geo environmental discipline and be able to demonstrate the following:-
• Flexibility in working away from home and working hours
• Excellent organisational and problem solving skills
• Excellent level of literacy and numeracy
• Excellent verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate complex subjects clearly
• Active management of CPD (Continuing Professional Development)
• Experience in site investigations
• Experience in ground engineering and contaminated land projects
• Experience of delivering the key duties as identified within a consultancy or contractor environment
• Interest / extended qualifications /experience relating to geotechnical assessments, analysis and design
• Experience in HoleBASE, Association of Geotechnical Specialists (AGS) formatted digital data and VSP.
• Active membership of a professional institution ~(Geological Society, CIWEM, ICE, MIMMM, EnvSc)
• Remediation design and supervision
In return, we offer an excellent salary and benefits package including 24 days holiday, Pension and Life Assurance. You will also be eligible to participate in the Company Share Purchase Scheme. This is an excellent opportunity to showcase your talents and develop your career with one of the UK’s leading multi-disciplinary consultancies.
To apply for this role, please forward a copy of your CV to email@example.com
RPS is an equal opportunities employer.