Preferably based out of Blackburn but can be a split base between Blackburn and Salford. Car parking is available at both sites - Blackburn pay and display. Blackburn train station is closely located to the office. Candidates will need to have a car as the role will involve travel across both locations.
This is working on regeneration and highways work across Blackburn with Darwen Council and Salford City Partnership, managing a small design team (3-5)
Outdoor street lighting experience is essential and ideally local government experience.
Also key for this role:
* HNC - Electrical and Electronic Engineering
* City & Guilds BS 7671 - 17th Edition IEE Wiring Regulations
* SMSTS - Site Management Safety Training Systems
* G39 Training - Clearances & procedures relating to Electrical
* Completed ILP modules 1, 2, 3 & 4
* Conversant in Software packages:
* Lighting Reality
* Amtec Cable Design software
* Microsoft package
It is highly desirable, almost essential, that candidates are members of the ILP - Institute of Lighting Professionals.