Our client are a dedicated environmental consultancy with operations in the renewables, residential, mixed-use and infrastructure sectors and offices across the UK and Ireland.
They are looking to appoint an experienced Hydrologist or Senior Hydrologist to join their Glasgow office. You will have the opportunity to work on a broad range of flood risk projects and hydrological assessments for proposals spanning the renewables (onshore wind / solar) and property sectors. You will join a dedicated team of environmental specialists and be supported in your continuing professional development.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
* Undertake Flood Risk Assessments (FRA) and SuDs schemes for a range of renewables and housing proposals
* Manage and review hydrological input for Environmental Impact Assessments (EIA)
* Conduct hydrological assessments and develop hydraulic models
* Liaise with clients and members of the team
Qualifications / Experience:
* Degree/ Masters educated in a relevant discipline (e.g. Hydrology, Engineering)
* Demonstrable experience completing FRA within a consultancy or public sector environment
* Experience in hydraulic modelling is desirable
* Appreciation of relevant industry software (e.g. HEC-RAS, Flood Modeller, Infoworks RS, GIS etc.)
* Working knowledge of UK legislation
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Full UK drivers licence
For further information on this or any other related positions do not hesitate to contact Lizzie on 0141 375 7955
Mattinson Partnership brings together recruitment expertise with hands-on experience. Through our knowledge of the industry, we are able to provide a unique and specialist service. We respect the need for absolute confidentiality and offer every assurance that your application will be handled with the highest levels of professionalism. We actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
For Further Information on the Mattinson Partnership visit www.mattinsonpartnership.com