Our client is a leading environmental consultancy with a strong and diverse array of projects throughout the UK spanning the renewable energy, ports and harbours, infrastructure, commercial and residential sectors. They have built their success through the appointment of highly motivated individuals and investing heavily in staff training and development.
Due to a healthy pipeline of projects, they are looking to appoint an Ecologist to their Glasgow office. You will have the opportunity to work on a variety of exciting projects in the commercial, residential, renewables (wind, hydro, biomass) and industrial sectors.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
* Provide ecological expertise for a range of proposals across multiple sectors
* Plan, undertake and manage surveys covering a range of taxa, including Phase 1/ Extended Phase1 Habitat Surveys and protected species (dusk and dawn bat surveys and others such as badger, otter, water vole etc,)
* Contribute to Ecological Impact Assessments (EcIA) for developments in a range of sectors
* Supervise other project team members, including subcontractors and seasonal staff
Qualifications / Experience:
* Degree or Masters in relevant subject
* Membership of an appropriate professional body (e.g. CIEEM or CEnv) is desirable
* Demonstrable consultancy experience across protected species surveys, habitat surveys and ecological reporting (EcIA)
* SNH/ Natural England licence in one or more protected species (especially bat) is desirable
* Software experience such as bat analysis programs (e.g. BatSound, Analook) and GIS is also desirable
* Good knowledge of relevant UK and European legislation, policy and guidance
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Full driving licence
This role has a generous benefits package, as well as the opportunity to rapidly develop your career on a comprehensive list of exciting project work within a friendly and supportive team.
For further information on this or any other related positions do not hesitate to contact Lizzie on 0141 375 7955
Mattinson Partnership brings together recruitment expertise with hands-on experience. Through our knowledge of the industry, we are able to provide a unique and specialist service. We respect the need for absolute confidentiality and offer every assurance that your application will be handled with the highest levels of professionalism. We actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
For Further Information on the Mattinson Partnership visit www.mattinsonpartnership.com