Our client is an established and dynamic multidisciplinary consultancy who are currently seeking a Senior Structural Engineer (Building Structures) to join their Glasgow office.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work on a range of challenging structural projects, from assessment and inspection to design of major new structures for a variety of private and public sector clients. The client offers a competitive package including contributory pension, private health insurance and support towards chartership.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
* Undertake initial concept design of structures and prepare/ review detailed technical drawings for an array of proposals across the residential, education, industrial and commercial sectors
* Preparation of high quality technical reports
* Attendance at design and construction project meetings
* Briefing and supervising junior colleagues producing drawings
* Project management and budget management
* Liaison with clients, project teams and external consultants
Qualifications / Experience:
* Degree educated in a relevant discipline (e.g. BEng Civil/Structural Engineering)
* Chartered or working towards chartership status with a recognised professional institution (e.g. IStructE)
* Experience of structural design using all common materials (steel, concrete, masonry and timber)
* Good working knowledge of relevant industry software (e.g. TEDDs, Fastrak Building Designer, CSC Structural Office, S-Frame) would be beneficial
* Ability to build effective working relationships with clients, colleagues and contractors
* Good written and verbal communication skills
For further information on this or any other related positions do not hesitate to contact Gavin on 0141 375 7955 or
Mattinson Partnership brings together recruitment expertise with hands-on experience. Through our knowledge of the industry, we are able to provide a unique and specialist service. We respect the need for absolute confidentiality and offer every assurance that your application will be handled with the highest levels of professionalism. We actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
For Further Information on the Mattinson Partnership visit www.mattinsonpartnership.com