Our client is a leading environmental consultancy with a strong and diverse array of projects throughout the UK spanning the renewable energy, ports and harbours, infrastructure, commercial and residential sectors.
Due to a healthy pipeline of projects, they are looking to appoint an experienced Acoustic Consultant or Senior Consultant to their Glasgow or Edinburgh office. You will have the opportunity to assist and manage a variety of exciting projects in the commercial, residential, renewables (wind, hydro, biomass) and industrial sectors. In addition to undertaking acoustic project work, you will support other environmental services across the business, such as EIA, ecology and hydrology.
* Manage and undertake noise surveys, predictive calculations and modelling, report writing, environmental impact assessments and provide noise mitigation advice for development proposals in a range of sectors.
* Undertake noise modelling using CadnaA, SoundPlan and other relevant software packages.
* Prepare noise and vibration technical reports, EIA chapters, Environmental Permitting compliance reports and undertake quality assurance of deliverable reports
* Liaise with other members of the team to build the noise services profile within the company as well as liaising with clients and undertaking business development.
Qualifications / Experience
* Degree in acoustics or a related science degree (e.g Physics)
* Membership of a relevant professional body would be beneficial (e.g. IOA)
* Experience in noise software (CadnaA) is essential
* Knowledge of environmental noise measurements, standards and legislation
* Willingness to travel and work flexibly with full clean driving licence
* Excellent oral and written communications skills
This is an excellent opportunity for early-career or more experienced acoustics specialist to handle a range of projects with great potential for career progression within the company. For further information on this or any other related positions do not hesitate to contact Gavin on 0141 375 7955 or
Mattinson Partnership brings together recruitment expertise with hands-on experience. Through our knowledge of the industry, we are able to provide a unique and specialist service. We respect the need for absolute confidentiality and offer every assurance that your application will be handled with the highest levels of professionalism. We actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
For Further Information on the Mattinson Partnership visit www.mattinsonpartnership.com