Our client is highly respected engineering consultancy with a network of offices across Scotland and impressive growth plans for 2018 and beyond. They are currently looking to bolster their Building Structures in Dundee with an experienced Structural Engineer.
The ideal candidate will have experience providing structural design for buildings across a range of sectors and chartered or working towards Chartered status. You will have the opportunity lead on a variety of projects of varying scales spanning the residential, commercial, retail and education sectors.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
Key responsibilities will include:
* Undertake a wide variety of civil and structural projects for residential, community, education, health and retail proposals up to £100M in value
* Undertake initial concept design of structures and prepare high quality, detailed technical drawings
* Liaise with clients, project teams and external consultants and coordinate responses to design team members and Local Authorities
* Provision of engineering reports on existing buildings / structures
* Site visits to ensure works are in compliance with design
* Mentor less experienced engineers and technicians within the office
* Attendance at design and construction project meetings
Qualifications / Experience:
The successful candidate will possess the following:
* BEng or MEng in Civil or Structural engineering
* Chartered with a relevant professional institution (e.g. ICE/ IStructE) is desirable
* Experience of managing the design and delivery of small and medium sized projects would be beneficial
* Experience in the use of industry software (e.g. TEDDs, Fastrak Building Designer, S-Frame) would be beneficial
* SER Certification would be beneficial but is not essential
* A full UK driving licence is essential
For further information on this or any other related positions do not hesitate to contact Gavin Mack on 0141 375 7955 or
Mattinson Partnership brings together recruitment expertise with hands-on experience. Through our knowledge of the industry, we are able to provide a unique and specialist service. We respect the need for absolute confidentiality and offer every assurance that your application will be handled with the highest levels of professionalism. We actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
For Further Information on the Mattinson Partnership visit www.mattinsonpartnership.com