Our client is a reputable and dedicated structural and civil engineering consultancy. They have an urgent requirement for an experienced Structural Engineer to support their Edinburgh office on a contract basis. The contract will be initially for 3 months with a likely extension.
The successful candidate will be fluent in the structural design of steel/concrete/timber/masonry, can work without supervision and deliver projects ready for SER checking.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
* Prepare structural drawings and other technical documentation using information provided by the design team
* Prepare basic design calculations
* Supporting engineers and technicians on a wide range of projects
* Mentoring and checking the work of junior members of staff
* Liaising with clients, stakeholders and regulatory bodies as required
Qualifications / Experience:
* Degree in relevant discipline (e.g. Structural Engineering)
* Relevant experience working in a similar consultancy environment
* Experience of structural design using all common materials (steel, concrete, masonry and timber)
* Knowledge of relevant industry software
* Good written and verbal communication skills
For further information on this or any other related positions do not hesitate to contact Gavin on 0141 375 7955 or
Mattinson Partnership brings together recruitment expertise with hands-on experience. Through our knowledge of the industry, we are able to provide a unique and specialist service. We respect the need for absolute confidentiality and offer every assurance that your application will be handled with the highest levels of professionalism. We actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
For Further Information on the Mattinson Partnership visit www.mattinsonpartnership.com