Our client is a leading environmental consultancy with a strong and diverse array of projects throughout the UK spanning the renewable energy, ports and harbours, infrastructure, commercial and residential sectors. They have built their success through the appointment of highly motivated individuals and investing heavily in staff training and development.
Due to a healthy pipeline of projects, they are looking to appoint an experienced Principal Ecologist to their Glasgow office. You will have the opportunity to manage a variety of exciting projects in the commercial, residential, renewables (wind, hydro, biomass) and industrial sectors. In addition to undertaking ecology work, you will support other environmental services across the business, such as EIA, planning and hydrology.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
* Supervise other project team members, including subcontractors and seasonal staff
* Design and manage surveys covering a range of taxa, including Phase 1/ Extended Phase1 Habitat Surveys and protected species (e.g. bats, GCN, badger, water vole, otter)
* Prepare reports and Ecological Impact Assessments (EcIA) for developments in a range of sectors.
* Liaise with clients, prepare tenders/ proposals and contribute towards business development, expansion of client base and resource management
Qualifications / Experience:
* Degree/ Masters educated in relevant discipline (e.g. Ecology)
* Member of the Chartered Institute of Ecology and Environmental Management (CIEEM) and familiar with their policies and code of conduct
* Demonstrable experience in a similar consultancy environment
* Negotiation, business development and marketing experience
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Full UK drivers license
For further information on this or any other related positions do not hesitate to contact Gavin on 0141 375 7955
Mattinson Partnership brings together recruitment expertise with hands-on experience. Through our knowledge of the industry, we are able to provide a unique and specialist service. We respect the need for absolute confidentiality and offer every assurance that your application will be handled with the highest levels of professionalism. We actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
For Further Information on the Mattinson Partnership visit www.mattinsonpartnership.com