Our client is a leading UK multidisciplinary consulting, working with a diverse range of prominent organisations in both the public and private sector. They are looking for an experienced, self-driven individual to take up the position of Associate Director of Ecology to manage their Scottish and Northern Irish offices.
The ideal candidate will have experience on a range of projects in various sectors and be a proven business winner. They will have the opportunity to manage an experienced and dedicated team of environmental professionals.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
* Responsible for technical delivery, management and financial performance of the Ecology team
* Promote excellence in survey skills, report writing and mapping, including taking the lead in one technical area of the ecology business
* Provide expert advice and technical support to the Scottish Ecology team
* Become an integrated member of the UK ecology team, as well as the EIA/ Planning Team and other environmental specialists
* Take a lead in winning work and complete monthly financial milestone tasks
* Engage in business development activities and strategies to grow current order book
Qualifications / Experience:
* Relevant degree education and membership of an appropriate professional body (e.g. CIEEM or CEnv)
* Holder of protected species licence
* Experience of preparing mitigation method statements, drafting applications and holding EPS licenses for a range of species
* Experience of leading/ completing Ecological Impact Assessment and/ or Habitat Regulation Assessments.
* In-depth knowledge of relevant UK and European legislation, policy and guidance
* Good project management, financial and business acumen
* Experience of leading, managing and mentoring a team of ecologists
* Strong field skills covering a range of taxa - including Extended Phase1 Habitat Surveys and an area of ESPS expertise as a minimum (e.g. bats, GCN, badger, water vole, otter)
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with colleagues, clients and other stakeholders - both technically and commercially
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Ecologist to join a well-respected consultancy. Our client is open to discussing flexible working for the right candidate.
For further information on this or any other related positions do not hesitate to contact Lizzie on 0141 375 7955
Mattinson Partnership brings together recruitment expertise with hands-on experience. Through our knowledge of the industry, we are able to provide a unique and specialist service. We respect the need for absolute confidentiality and offer every assurance that your application will be handled with the highest levels of professionalism. We actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
For Further Information on the Mattinson Partnership visit www.mattinsonpartnership.com