This role is with a well-known and award winning multi-disciplinary consultancy, who work closely with main contractors on a range of infrastructure projects. This role will be working within the rail design team. You will be responsible for generating high quality, accurate and detailed design packages for the Architectural project documentation.
* Lead responsibility for the quality and completeness of all drawn information for projects under their remit, including incoming and outgoing document control.
* Contribute to the development and mentoring of junior staff, and the continual improvement of the CAD delivery processes within the department.
* Ensure quality of delivery when producing or updating CAD drawings to internal and/or customer standards.
* Contribute to the design planning, resourcing and fee planning of specific project teams.
* Assist in the training and development of junior members of the design team
* Review and provide a peer group audit function of the designs of other team members.
* Take lead responsibility for maintaining drawing records, such as check and record file copies
* Keep up to date with design trends/competitor awareness /design techniques (BIM etc.)
* Review specialist subcontractors/suppliers production drawings for technical compliance with design intent.
* Participate in effective presentations to external organisations, clients and peer groups
Required / expected experience:
* High level of proficiency in the use of AutoCAD 2D and 3D software. Working knowledge of Autodesk REVIT as a minimum.
* Significant CAD experience preferably in the majority of the following market sectors: industrial, manufacturing and energy, life sciences and chemicals, transport (rail and aviation), infrastructure and utilities, public sector, nuclear.
* Ability to produce 2D & 3D Architectural deliverables from concept through to fully co-ordinated detailed design.
* Knowledge of CDM 2015 regulations
* Excellent time and cost management skills to ensure cost effective and accurate delivery of all aspects of the CAD service.
* Effectively manage own time across multiple projects and prioritise workload effectively to meet deadlines.
* Managing drawing work for multiple structural projects or parts of larger projects to completion within budget.
* Monitor project fee spend and deliver commercial objectives.
* Produce project cost of further works and resource plans.
* Strong demonstrable communication style and interpersonal skills, particularly the ability to influence and negotiate both internally and externally
* Ability to work well within a team of other professionals (engineers etc.) in delivering designs to satisfy the agreed brief
* Supervision, Technical mentoring and staff development skills.
* Design Reviews
* Degree/HNC/ HND or Equivalent
* Full UK Driving Licence
* CSCS Card Holder - for site visits
For more information about this role, give Elliot a call on 0207 960 2580.