This is a chance to join a unique, cash rich organisation that operates solely on complex and novel planning opportunities that competitors consider too difficult. It is a small, fast-paced company who work with major clients in the residential, commercial, retail and leisure sectors; as a Planner you will contribute towards planning strategy and policy. A boutique consultancy of planning experts, you will have freedom to work autonomously on the projects that arise.
Role & Responsibilities:
Provide Expert Advice
* As a team of experts, you will be expected to provide advice and direction on planning strategy, policy, law and development. Your clients will expect a hands on approach to manage their projects through the planning system.
* The company regularly have brainstorming meetings to help each other on their work. This is where you will get advice and help directly from experienced Directors and Associates for your projects. In time you will also be expected to contribute your own intellect towards these.
Unique Variety of Work
* The organisation works only on small, novel projects or large and complex schemes, typically considered too difficult by their competitors. Therefore, the projects you work on will be very different from one another and no two days will be the same.
Managing Your Workload
* You will have the freedom to manage your own workload in order to meet potentially tight deadlines. There are few rules on how to manage your work and a secretary will also be provided to assist you with your diary, research and report writing.
Qualifications & Experience:
* Due to the type of projects you will work on, this company is looking for an exceptional graduate, ideally with a bit of consultancy experience, who has a genuine interest in joining a company that will challenge you from day one.
* You must be a problem solver with the ability to think laterally about planning projects
* MRTPI qualified with the intention of working towards chartered status.
Graduate Planner - MRTPI - Boutique Company - Novel & Complex Planning Schemes - Problem Solving Attitude - Autonomous Control over Workload - Work Directly With Directors and Experts