This leading multi-disciplinary consultancy is looking to appoint a Senior / Principal Ecologist to join their dynamic team.
You will be working alongside experienced and talented consultants, working on high profile projects in sectors such as new
With an exciting array of project work on the horizon, including residential, mixed-use developments, new road schemes and solar farm projects, the selected candidate will be joining an experienced and talented team of consultants. If you feel that you are the pragmatic and proactive candidate that is perfect for this role, then we'd like to hear from you.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
The Senior/Principal Ecologist will:
* Carry out survey and mitigation works relating to protected species.
* Undertake office-based work including report writing, review and preparation of proposals.
* Manage large and exciting projects including residential, mixed-use developments, new road schemes and solar farms.
* Serve a diverse client base, attend project meetings and public consultations and engage with stakeholders
* Provide support, advice and training to other team members.
* Play a key role in helping the Team leader develop the ecological business across the southern region.
Qualifications / Experience:
The Senior/Principal Ecologist will have:
* A relevant degree.
* Membership of an appropriate body (e.g. IEEM)
* Experience of working on projects across a diversity of sectors.
* Excellent knowledge of relevant UK and EU legislation, policy and guidance
* In depth knowledge of wildlife law, and the ability to identify pragmatic and client-focussed solutions to ecological issues
* Demonstrable project and team management experience
* Experience of winning work and managing multiple, complex projects simultaneously
* A track record of undertaking a client facing role
* A full driving licence.
A key part of this role will be supporting the Team leader in the professional development of the existing team members and therefore candidates with a passion and flair for mentoring will be most successful in this post. In return for your efforts, our client offers support through mentoring, internal and external training and team Away Days. Internal progression is well promoted and technical training is supported to allow each team member to develop along a personalised career path.