A London Borough has an opportunity for a Senior Local Land Charges Officer to join their team on a contract / temp basis, with the opportunity to be a long-term appointment.
Key responsibilities include:
* To prepare and process Local Land Search Certificates and accompanying forms of supplemental enquiries, entailing the checking and collating of information held by the Council.
* To respond using own initiative to complex searches, considering all the relevant factors and restrictions, for maximum accuracy and efficiency in the delivery of services to Solicitors, Personal Search Agencies, private individuals, Council Departments and privatised utilities.
* Responsible for undertaking regular updating of the LLC computer system in order to provide LLC search results of a consistently high standard and accuracy.
* Proactive in maintaining the LLC Register and keeping it up to date by registering charges which are made by the Council and by any other statutory authority or privatised utilities under various Acts and which are enforceable by them.
* To deal with correspondence arising from local searches and associated enquiries.
* Thorough and comprehensive knowledge and understanding of Local Land Charges Service, including statutory and legislative requirements.
* Highly experienced in processing, answering and dispatching Local Land Charges searches using LLC databases and systems.
* Clear understanding of IT systems relevant to the LLC service and proven adaptability to learn new systems quickly, including bespoke databases, GIS and document management systems.
If you would like to be considered, please click apply or submit your CV If you prefer to have a discreet chat about these roles in more detail please feel free to call me on 0207 960 2589.