My client is looking for candidates who are dedicated, hardworking with real enthusiasm for property.
The role is focused on London and the South East and offers the opportunity to gain a very broad range of valuation experience across all of the main commercial sectors in particular within investment. Assignments will include valuations for loan security, corporate asset, financial reporting, viability and general advisory purposes, along with the opportunity to be involved with investment, development and mixed-use scenarios.
Some of our recent assignments at the larger scale have included prime shopping centres, Central London and Thames Valley offices, and prime distribution units. On the smaller side, they have included high street retail, local industrial and mixed-use properties.
You will be familiar with many of my client's clientele as they include the major lenders and debt funds, as well as institutional and private investors. My client's culture is highly professional. They're looking for someone who enjoys responding to challenges, is excited by meeting the toughest targets and has fun working at the leading edge either alone or as part of a wider team. You will have direct contact with clients and we expect team members to act as ambassadors of the firm at all times. We will help you to identify, pursue and win new business opportunities. The firm places a strong emphasis on training and educating staff including drawing up personal development plans and offering in depth appraisals. My client will support career progression through development programmes and experience gained.
Main Duties, Responsibilities & Accountabilities
* To achieve the timely preparation and delivery of valuations and reports to a very high level of accuracy and quality;
* To work independently within a team context
* To work efficiently to maximise profitability
* To ensure the maintenance of all job files and appropriate instruction records in accordance with QA procedures
* To observe and implement procedure to include Quality Assurance, Health and Safety Environmental, IS security and all other policies
* To observe RICS regulatory requirements, in particular, those of the 'Red Book'
* To demonstrate good market knowledge of the areas and sectors you are active in
* To be open to involvement in new areas of work within the valuation business
* To identify opportunities for business growth and help grow the business
* To support graduate team members in their APC preparations
* To put clients first and achieve maximum client satisfaction
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Experience
* RICS qualification ,RICS Registered Valuer
* A track record in preparing RICS Red Book Valuations for Commercial Lending (development and investment properties), corporate valuations and consultancy advice
* A commercial approach to 'real world' business and property issues
* Good property market and wider economic and business knowledge
* IT literate in Microsoft Office, Excel, Prodev, Argus Investor and Argus Developer
* Excellent report writing skills
* Use of dictation for report writing
* Strong organisational and communication skills