A strategic level role which is concerned with developing and delivering the carbon strategy on behalf of a government department.
About the role
The role is working for one of the leading infrastructure bodies, catalysing the carbon management piece of their sustainability strategy. The organisation are looking for an expert on carbon management, who has extensive experience working at a strategic level either in government or the private sector.
The successful applicant will be tasked with developing the strategy, and consulting in a multi-stakeholder environment with a range of industry bodies. Accordingly, the suitable applicant will most likely have a background in programme and change management, have an acute political awareness and demonstrable commerciality. They will also have extensive experience in carbon management.
* Lead the development and delivery of the carbon strategy on behalf of a government department
* Engage with an array of stakeholders, which include industry leading figures to successfully agree upon and implement the aforementioned strategy
* Oversee delivering of the programme of works
* Develop carbon models, and effectively communicate technical information
* Ensure that best practise is being carried out across the industry
Key skills and experience:
* Extensive experience in carbon management and reduction
* Proven experience leading major programmes on carbon reduction
* Expertise in creating and implementing a multi-stakeholder strategy
* Expertise in change management
* A political and commercial awareness
If you have the suitable skills and experience, please apply directly or for further information please get in touch with Gareth in confidence on 020 7960 2559.