Our client, a leading environmental and planning consultancy, has engaged us exclusively to appoint an Associate Ecologist into the Manchester team. In line with the business' wider Strategy, the Ecology team has ambitious plans for growth. With ecologists established in London and Glasgow, they are now growing their Manchester team, where the existing office supports a vibrant and growing team of environmental professionals.
Role & Company:
This role is an opportunity for an experienced ecologist to bring their technical excellence and business development skills to the fore and support existing teams in developing new opportunities for challenging and rewarding project work in the North West of England.
The role will involve the management and technical delivery of ecology projects; whilst a considerable part of the role will involve generating new business by creating, maintaining and developing relationships with existing and new clients. The role will be supported by the existing team of ecologists, with strategic support from the Director of Ecology and other senior managers within the Manchester office.
The role presents an exciting challenge for an ambitious and experienced consultant with a developing opportunity for career advancement and management responsibility. Perhaps your existing role in a smaller consultancy is no longer providing the challenge you're looking for, or your voice isn't being heard in a large global consultancy. My client has a reputation for supporting enthusiastic ecologists and recognising career ambitions while working with a highly motivated (and fun!) team of experienced ecologists.
Qualifications & Experience:
* A degree and /or a post graduate qualification in a relevant discipline.
* Full membership of CIEEM is essential.
* Competent in Phase 1 Habitat Survey of a range of habitats, with verifiable knowledge of higher plants.
* Demonstrable skills in at least one faunal taxonomic group (such as bats or other mammals, reptiles and amphibians, birds) would be highly advantageous, as would a NE licence for one or more species.
* Experience in the full range of report production, including EcIA and BREEAM.
* Experience within a wide range of development sectors, for example transport and housing.
* Demonstrable experience of attracting and winning new work in the North West of England.
* The nature of this work means a full driving licence is required. Also suitable candidates will be physically fit and feel comfortable working in remote environments. Lone working and working out of usual working hours will also be required.
This is a unique opportunity to join a well-established and successful independent consultancy offering an exciting opportunity to play your part in building and enhancing the Ecology business. Your efforts will be rewarded with a competitive salary and a generous bonus scheme based on company and personal targets.
Ecology - Associate - Principal - Manchester - North West - Ecological consultant - Business development - technical delivery - project work