Are you interested in joining one of the leading experts in inland oil spill response and remediation? As part of a strategically placed network of specialists, you will offer support to residential and commercial clients seeking oil spill mitigation services.
You will be involved in projects right from the get-go, so will visit sites to undertake the initial assessment before working with your team to implement remediation strategies. You'll often be working a couple of different projects at the same time, so you'll see plenty of variety in your average week! You should like the practical nature of the role (enjoying being out on site is a must), but there is also plenty of opportunity to hone your technical expertise, with 50% of your time spent back in the office analysing data and reporting.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
* Prepare technical reports, site investigation reports, risk assessments, remediation options appraisals and designs for contaminated residential and commercial sites
* Present, analyse and interpret data
* Prepare high quality technical reports
* Undertake field work and manage sub-contractors
* Supervise remediation project work
* Build relationships with new and existing clients, as well as colleagues and contractors
Qualifications / Experience:
* BSc or MSc in a relevant topic (e.g. Hydrogeology, Geochemistry, Earth Science)
* Demonstrable site investigation and supervision experience within a consultancy or contractor
* Knowledge of contaminated land investigation and remediation techniques
* Experience of construction management and site supervision
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Remediation - spill response - health and safety - site investigation - site work