One of the UK's leading providers of materials testing, geotechnical and environmental consultancy services are seeking to appoint a geotechnical engineer into their successful and growing team in Maidstone.
The existing team have a reputation for providing a nationwide service across a varied project portfolio which includes residential, highways and commercial work as well as some standalone contracting projects.
Responsibilities of the post;
The geotechnical engineer will undertake:
* Project management of ground investigation contracts in the residential, commercial, industrial and infrastructure sectors
* On-site supervision of investigation works
* Factual and interpretative report writing
* Client management & business development opportunities
Qualifications and Experience:
The geotechnical engineer will have:
* Degree qualified in Geology, Civil Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering or Engineering Geology (or other relevant subject)
* Post graduate qualification desirable but not essential
* Proven relevant industry experience
* Soil logging to Eurocode 7 - BS 5930 essential
* Experienced with supervising drilling rigs and various site investigation techniques
* Scheduling laboratory testing
* Experience with ground gas and water monitoring
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Good organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise workloads and meet deadlines
* Full UK driving licence essential
* Robust understanding of relevant legislation, technical guidance & codes of practice
* Membership of professional organisation, commitment towards continuing professional development and working towards chartered engineer/geologist status.
In reward for your efforts you'll benefit from a competitive salary and holiday allowance along with membership of the company pension scheme.