One of the UK's leading providers of materials testing, geotechnical and environmental consultancy services are seeking to appoint a geo-environmental professional into their successful and well established team in Maidstone.
The existing team have a reputation for providing a nationwide service across a varied project portfolio which includes residential, highways and commercial work as well as some standalone contracting projects.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a well-established team of geoenvironmental and geotechnical specialists to carry out phased contaminated land investigations.
Responsibilities of the post;
The geo-environmental consultant will undertake:
* Phase I Preliminary Risk Assessments (PRAs) / Desk study reports including the development of Conceptual Models
* Supervision of Phase II site investigations and logging of soils to BS 5930
* Field monitoring of controlled waters and ground gases
* Scheduling of laboratory chemical testing and liaising with analytical laboratories
* Preparing generic and semi-detailed quantitative risk assessment reports
* Carrying out waste classification Hazard Assessments
* Overseeing remediation works and the recovery of validation samples
Qualifications and Experience:
The geo-environmental consultant will have:
* A degree in Geology, Science or a related discipline and preferably a postgraduate qualification
* Proven experience of working within the industry with excellent communication and interpretive reporting experience
* Experience of carrying out Phase I and II assessments
* An understanding of chemical data and qualitative and quantitative risk assessments would be beneficial.
This is an exciting time to join a well-established and friendly team where there is significant scope for career development.