We are supporting a specialist remediation consultancy with their search for an experienced Remediation Technical Manager to join the Surrey team.
The successful candidate will be an experienced contaminated land and remediation professional with an excellent knowledge of UK legislation. This is an exciting opportunity to lead on technical issues and contribute to the delivery of multi-million pound remediation solutions across London and the South East.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
The Remediation Technical Manager will undertake:
* Report review and interpretation
* Technical proposal writing
* Remediation Strategy/Implementation Planning
* Preparation of permits/ licences/ consents (MTP, MMP, notifications)
* Management of site data/scheduling etc.
* Regulatory correspondence/Reporting
* Client liaison/Progress Reporting
* Completion reporting
Qualifications & Experience:
The Remediation Technical Manager will have:
* Proven professional experience in contaminated land / remediation
* Degree in related discipline, with a grounding in contaminated land
* MSc or other further qualification
* Industry specific training/ qualification e.g. CLAIRE QP/ WAMITAB/ CEnv etc.
* Hands on experience of sampling/ logging etc.
* Interpretive reporting
The successful candidate will also have high quality report writing and excellent communication skills. You should show the ability to work to tight deadlines and manage site / junior staff. You will also ideally have experience of QRA packages (P20, CLEA, RBCA etc.)
* Understanding of UK Contaminated Land Regime
* Working understanding of CLR11
* Conceptual site model understanding
* Waste classification
* Commercial grasp of remediation project
* Project Management
* Understanding of UK Planning Regime
This is an exciting opportunity to join a leading remediation contractor offering a competitive salary and excellent opportunities for career progression.
Remediation - Technical Manager - Contaminated land - Project Manager - Mitigation - Surrey - London - South East England - Team Manager