Our client is a well-established and highly respected independent consultancy with offices across the UK. Due to continued growth, they are looking to appoint an Environmental Hydrologist to support the Glasgow Water Services team. Candidates will ideally have demonstrable experience in hydrology, EIA and water quality within a consultancy or local authority environment.
You will join a friendly and vibrant multidisciplinary team of engineers, hydrologists and planners and be given full mentoring and support on your professional qualifications.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
* Provide hydrological and hydrogeological analysis and input to EIAs and Environmental Statements for a range of development proposals spanning property, highways, utilities and energy
* Undertake hydrological surveys, analysis and assessments
* Undertake private water supply assessment and water quality assessments.
* Liaise with other members of the team, clients and other project stakeholders
* Prepare reports and proposals
Qualifications / Experience:
* Degree/ Masters educated in a relevant discipline (e.g. Hydrology / Chemistry / Geography)
* Chartered or working towards chartership with CIWEM or similar
* Demonstrable experience within a consultancy or local authority environment
* Keen interest in hydrological assessment, analysis and EIA
* Good understanding of water related planning legislation and guidance (e.g. CAR Licensing)
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Our client offers an attractive salary, a very supportive work environment and the opportunity to rapidly progress your career on a challenging portfolio of hydrological and EIA projects.
For further information on this or any other related positions do not hesitate to contact Gavin on 0141 375 7955 or
Mattinson Partnership brings together recruitment expertise with hands-on experience. Through our knowledge of the industry, we are able to provide a unique and specialist service. We respect the need for absolute confidentiality and offer every assurance that your application will be handled with the highest levels of professionalism. We actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
For Further Information on the Mattinson Partnership visit www.mattinsonpartnership.com