Our client is an engineering and environmental consultancy, seeking to appoint a geo-environmental professional into their successful and well established team.
The existing team have a reputation for working on some of the most complicated contaminated projects in the south east, offering innovative, cost effective and well thought out technical solutions to their client base. This is an exciting opportunity to join the busy geo-environmental team in their Kent office, working on projects ranging from small scale site investigations to remediation plans for gas works and landfill sites.
Role & Company:
The geo-environmental consultant will undertake:
* Phase 1 and Phase 2 Environmental site assessments
* Preliminary Risk Assessments (PRAs) and Due Diligence assessments
* Site supervision of geo-environmental investigations
* Soil sampling, identifying and logging soils to BS 5930
Given the nature of the business, you will have the opportunity to contribute to other work streams, collaborating with colleagues in other disciplines including acoustics, air quality and flood risk.
Qualifications & Experience:
The geo-environmental consultant will have:
* A degree in Geology, Science or a related discipline and preferably a postgraduate qualification
* Experience working within the industry with excellent communication and interpretive reporting experience
* Experience of carrying out Phase I and II assessments
* An understanding of chemical data and qualitative and quantitative risk assessments would be beneficial.
* Knowledge of and interest in EIA, permitting, air quality assessment, acoustics and flood risk assessment would be beneficial.
This is an exciting time to join a well-established and friendly team where there is significant scope for career development.
Geoenvironmental - Land Quality - Contaminated land - remediation - Phase 1 - Phase 2 - Risk Assessment - Due Diligence - Soil Sampling - Logging soils.