In this role you will provide crucial support on the geotechnical aspects of Land Engineering, comprising the assessment and interpretation of both geotechnical and geo-environmental data. This is an exciting opportunity to join the busy geo-environmental team in their Kent office, working on new developments ranging in scale from low rise housing estates to high-rise flats.
The exact nature of the role will depend upon the experience individual candidates are bringing into the team but, it will include, site investigation and supervision of site works, factual and interpretive report writing, project management and mentoring junior member of staff. Again depending upon experience, this will include both contaminated land and geotechnical projects.
To be successful in post you will have;
* A first degree in either Geology, Civil Engineering or similar
* Proven experience within a consultancy field.
* Membership of a relevant organisation and working towards chartered status.
* Sound understanding of geotechnical engineering and assessment.
* Experience of undertaking and supervising intrusive site investigations using a variety of techniques (shell and auger, windowless sampling, trial pits etc).
* Ability to log soils and manage sub-contractors
* Ability to undertake preliminary foundation design, slope stability assessment, earthworks specifications and retaining wall design.
* A full UK driving licence is essential.
Geotechnical - Contaminated land - Engineering consultancy - slope stability - window sampling - Kent