My client is looking for a director with a proven track record in technical design work within the rail
infrastructure sector, covering both single discipline civil and structural engineering design, as well as
multi-discipline design projects.
The successful candidate must have strong management and communication skills, but are also
comfortable maintaining a hands-on approach to design work. They must be able to lead teams
across multiple projects with a focus on providing an excellent level of service to our Clients.
Specific duties and responsibilities include:
* Leading the technical, commercial and programme delivery of design projects within the railsector, maintaining a technical hands-on approach.
* Providing guidance and training to Engineering and BIM Designers to ensure projects are delivered to a high standard.
* Act as technical reviewer and Civil Engineering Contractors Responsible Engineer (CRE) on projects.
* Proactively manage Clients with the aim of delivering an excellent level of service.
* Contribute to the preparation of tenders, fee proposals and securing new business.
Key experience required:
* Relevant Civil or Structural Engineering degree.
* Chartered Engineer with a minimum of 10 years' technical experience in Rail Infrastructure design work.
* Experience of leading teams in both single discipline Civil and Structural, and multi-discipline design projects.