If you are looking for a development planning role, this is the position for you. My client is looking to fill a number of position in the UK, they are looking for people with experience of around 3 to 10 years with a "can do" attitude. The position is for a project manager, tasked with the delivery of small and medium sized projects for some of the established clients whilst delivering new business.
Technical experience and skills, with a solid grounding in transportation planning for public and/or private sector clients, and likely to consist of a mix of:
To lead the delivery of technical work relating to transport planning inputs on projects, including strategic projects, including:
* Transport Assessments
* Travel Plans;
* Environmental Statement Transport Chapters;
* Access and Movement Frameworks;
* Sustainable Transport Strategies etc.
* Act as Project Manager on medium to Large size transport projects and undertake the Discipline Lead role on large scale multi-disciplinary projects. To include financial and resource management.
* Attend meetings with clients, design teams, stakeholders including local authorities and the general public as required; and deputise for senior management when the need arises.
* Day to day supervision, resourcing and technical mentoring of junior members of team.
* Manage work in accordance within the Practice Management Systems including Health & Safety, Quality and Environmental systems.
* Contribute to established client relationships in order to achieve repeat business and contribute to the team's growth by contributing to widening the client base, through networking and business development as appropriate.
Qualifications / Exerience:
* Be an experienced transport planner with excellent technical knowledge relevant to the broad reach of development transport planning, the role would not suit a specialist in one transport planning sub-discipline;
* Be an excellent project/brief manager with proven experience in delivering projects on time and to budget, the role will involve the financial and quality management of projects,
* Have excellent writing skills to produce high quality technical reports ready to be issued to clients and stakeholders with minimal review;
* Be confident to liaise with and advise all levels of management, both internally and externally.
* Have outstanding communication skills in order to be PBA's primary point of contact with regards to transport on the various projects you will be involved in. This will include responsibility for liaison with clients, associate professionals, stakeholders and the public as each project dictates;
* Be computer literate in MS Office suite - word, excel etc.