This position represents an exciting opportunity for a Graduate or Project Structural Engineer to join the Glasgow office of a highly regarded Scottish engineering consultancy.
The successful candidate will be ideally be working towards Chartership status with either the Institution of Civil Engineers or Structural Engineers and have experience in providing structural expertise for building proposals across a range of sectors. You will join a growing team within a sociable and supportive office while being given full mentoring on your progression to Chartership.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
* Undertake structural design for a wide variety of structural projects including museums, hotel, office blocks and schools utilising steel, reinforced concrete and traditional building methods
* Prepare and review initial concept design and detailed technical drawings
* Liaise with clients, project teams and external consultants and coordinate responses to design team members
* Prepare bid documentation and technical reports
* Attendance at design and construction project meetings
Qualifications / Experience:
* BEng or MEng in Civil/ Structural Engineering
* Working towards Chartership with a relevant professional institution (e.g. ICE/ IStructE)
* Experience of undertaking design of steel, concrete, timber and masonry structural projects from conception to completion
* Experience in the use of relevant industry software (e.g. TEDDs, Fastrak Building Designer, CSC Structural Office, S-Frame) would be beneficial
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Our client offers a competitive salary and excellent flexible package along with the opportunity to rapidly progress your career on an exciting portfolio of national and international projects.
For further information on this or any other related positions do not hesitate to contact Gavin Mack on 0141 375 7955 or
Mattinson Partnership brings together recruitment expertise with hands-on experience. Through our knowledge of the industry, we are able to provide a unique and specialist service. We respect the need for absolute confidentiality and offer every assurance that your application will be handled with the highest levels of professionalism. We actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.