Join an award-winning multi-disciplinary environmental consultancy servicing a diverse client base which includes developers, local authorities, energy infrastructure firms, house builders, National Grid and the National Trust, to name but a few!
You'll join a well-established regional team of multi-disciplinary specialist ranging from archaeologists and historic environment specialists to environmental planners, landscape architects, urban designers and ecologists.
This position is ideally to be based out of the East Midlands office in Leicestershire, but could accommodate an autonomous consultant looking to be based in other regional offices in Cheshire or London.
This opportunity presents you with the chance to join an established team at an exciting time of growth. Work across the team is increasingly expanding and you'll take the day to day lead on projects under the support of the team principal.
Role & Company:
Your workload will include the assessment of buried archaeological remains, historic landscapes and built heritage effects including their settings.
You'll have the opportunity to manage and produce historical environment reports, managing archaeological mitigation measures and liaising with clients to help secure planning permission, listed building consent and discharging planning conditions.
You will also have the opportunity to contribute to the wider activity of the Heritage Team, including supporting its historic environment work, technically reviewing others' reports, supporting the development of more junior staff and undertaking business development.
Qualifications & Experience:
The Senior Heritage consultant will have;
* A relevant first degree in archaeology, heritage or a related subject, or equivalent experience
* Competency in writing historic environment desk-based assessments and heritage statements
* Experience in engagement with statutory authorities and clients
* Understanding of the planning process (including EIA)
* Experience in securing relevant consents and discharging conditions
* Experience of bidding for work
* Experience of managing staff and resourcing within a small team
* Full driving licence
Heritage - Planning process - Consents - Archaeologist - CifA - Listed building consent - Planning permission - Discharging planning conditions - Heritage consultant - Archaeological consultant