Our client is a global multidisciplinary consultancy and they are currently looking to appoint a Principal Contaminated Land Consultant to join their team in Edinburgh and provide contaminated land consultancy services across a variety of sectors.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Geo-environmental Consultant or Engineer to join a dynamic and forward thinking team. The ideal candidate will have solid experience in the field of contaminated land including site investigation/ supervision, Phase I and II assessments, design and management of remediation plans, risk assessment and reporting.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
* Manage the assessment of potentially contaminated brownfield land, including design and management of remediation plans, risk assessment (DQRA) and reporting
* Oversee and support the investigation and assessment of these contaminated sites
* Take the lead on site work from initial assessments through to implementation of remediation measures
* Provide detailed reports
* Provide assistance to fellow environmental team members and liaise with other environmental specialists within the business
* Liaise with clients, local authorities and agencies (e.g. SEPA)
* Assist in preparation of free proposals/ tenders and the generation of new business
Qualifications / Experience:
* Degree and/or MSc educated in relevant discipline (e.g. Environmental Science/ Earth Science/ Engineering Geology)
* Chartered or working towards chartered status
* Specialist in Land Condition (SiLC) would be advantageous
* Demonstrable site investigation, remediation and risk assessment in a similar consultancy environment is desirable
* Experience of QRA procedures and brownfield land remediation and reclamation projects
* Excellent written and verbal communicative skills
* Full driving licence
For further information on this or any other related positions do not hesitate to contact Lizzie on 0141 375 7955
Mattinson Partnership brings together recruitment expertise with hands-on experience. Through our knowledge of the industry, we are able to provide a unique and specialist service. We respect the need for absolute confidentiality and offer every assurance that your application will be handled with the highest levels of professionalism. We actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
For Further Information on the Mattinson Partnership visit www.mattinsonpartnership.com