My client is an established SME in UK and provide an award winning service with a that provides transport, infrastructure planning/engineering and flood risk management advice to the land development and property sector.
This company have a collaborative attitude, providing support to their consultants who work across all stages of the project lifecycle. You will be joining an experienced team who work closely together and promote a learning environment; all team members are encouraged to ask plenty of questions to aid in their professional development and achieve internal promotions. The London office are a friendly bunch, with an active social calendar including dragon boat racing, meals out and trips to the local pub on a Friday lunchtime.
A Principal Transport Planner/ Engineer who has experience in managing a team and working unsupervised. You must be "hands on" and experience in Transport assessments and traffic management as well as Junction design. This is a position to develop yourself within an environment that allows for personal development and growth.
Must have extensive experience of working at a consultancy for private sector clients on planning applications and development proposals and be well versed in the following: -
* Civils or Geography etc preferably with an MSc in Transport Planning/Eng
* Preparation of Transport Assessments/Statements and able to craft well considered reports, making a strong case
* Use of TRICS to derive development trip generation
* Use of TEMPRO to produce traffic growth projections
* Junction capacity modelling using JUNCTIONS (ARCADY/PICADY modules) and LINSIG
* Able to commission, interpret and analyse results of traffic, speed and parking surveys
* Use of Census car ownership and Travel to Work modal split/O-D data
* Knowledge/appreciation of the planning system and national and local policy framework
* Familiarity with DMRB, Manual for Streets and local authority design guides
* Able to deal with clients including on agreeing fees, monitoring budget spend and invoicing etc