Our client is an international environmentally-focussed multidisciplinary consultancy with operations in the property, infrastructure, energy and environmental markets. They specialise in providing environmental appraisal and planning support for both large and small developments in the private and public sectors.
Due to a healthy pipeline of projects, they are currently looking to appoint River and Coastal Engineer or Senior Engineer to join their Edinburgh water team. You will report to the Associate Director and collaborate with an extensive network of hydrologists, engineers and hydraulic modellers from other UK offices. The successful candidates will have a fantastic opportunity to work on a variety of high profile flood and coastal risk management projects across the private and public sectors.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
Key responsibilities include:
* Undertake flood risk assessments (FRA) and surface water management plans (SWMP) for a range of proposals across the public and private sectors
* Provide outline and detailed design for flood alleviation and coastal defence schemes
* Provide site supervision and construction management services for flood and coastal schemes
* Prepare hydraulic models using industry software
* Support and guide other hydrologists within the team
* Preparation of reports and proposals and liason with colleagues, clients, statutory regulators and approvers
Qualifications / Experience:
The successful candidate will possess the following:
* Degree educated in Civil Engineering
* Chartered or working towards chartership (ICE or CIWEM)
* Demonstrable experience in a similar consultancy environment or local authority
* Knowledge of relevant policy documents and design guidelines
* Knowledge of relevant industry design (e.g. AutoCAD, MicroDrainage) and modelling (e.g. Flood Modeller) software is desirable
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Full UK driving licence
For further information on this or any other related positions do not hesitate to contact Gavin Mack on 0141 375 7955 or
Mattinson Partnership brings together recruitment expertise with hands-on experience. Through our knowledge of the industry, we are able to provide a unique and specialist service. We respect the need for absolute confidentiality and offer every assurance that your application will be handled with the highest levels of professionalism. We actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
For Further Information on the Mattinson Partnership visit www.mattinsonpartnership.com