A leading environmental and planning consultancy are seeking arboricultural surveyors to help deliver their long-term projects within the rail sector. Due to the nature of the linear project, there is scope to be based in and around the Nottingham, Derby, Sheffield or Leeds areas.
This is an exciting time to join a well-established and successful surveying team, putting your surveying expertise into practice within a consultancy setting.
Role & Company:
You will be working with other professionals from woodland and arboricultural backgrounds to carry out tree health surveys, hazard assessments, visual tree inspections, risk assessment surveys and produce associated reports to deliver to the client.
Other elements of your role will include:
* Undertaking tree surveys and providing support to the arboricultural team in relation to the BS5837:2012 requirements
* Specify tree works in line with the BS3998:2010 requirements.
* Using a range of different surveying tools including hand held computers and survey software, for example, including GIS systems.
Qualifications & Experience:
To be successful in this post you'll need;
* Previous experience in carrying out arboricultural surveys in line with current industry best practice.
* A good level of understanding of key industry standards, such as BS5837:2012, BS3998:2010, NJUG Vol 4. You will also have an understanding of current guidance on tree risk management.
* Ability to produce tree risk management surveys and reports using THREATS, QTRA or other relevant systems.
* A high level of understanding of tree and shrub identification, as well as tree pests and diseases.
* Desirable - PTS (Personal Track Safety) / ICI (Industry Common Induction) / IWA (Individual Working Alone)
Arboriculture / Tree Survey / Risk Assessments / GIS / London / Leeds / Nottingham / Rail Projects / Environmental Consultancy / Derby / Sheffield
For further information on this or any other related positions do not hesitate to contact Ruth Prescott on 02079602557 or