My client is a international consultancy with projects in the middle east, Africa and the UK. They are looking for a Senior Transport Planner will handle the transport planning component of projects handled by the department.
You must be a motivated problem solver with solid analytical ability, well organizational, excellent time keeping, and have the abllitity to win work and deal with stakeholders both in the UK and abroad.
· Use the Quality System Procedures for project development as appropriate.
· Use International and National Standards as applicable.
· Prepare project identified deliverables from the department.
· Supervise the work of junior staff.
· Develop and monitor surveys for collection of planning data.
· Prepare traffic demand forecasts for all transport modes.
· Forecast the effects of transport improvements, policy changes and environmental changes on traffic patterns and volumes.
· Provide planning input to multi-criteria analyses for infrastructure projects.
· Coordinate project details with senior staff members.
· May act as project manager and manages projects lead by the department.
· Maintain liaison and provide technical support to other departments, area offices, and project sites as required.
· Willing to travel at short notice