Our client is an award-winning multidisciplinary consultancy with a prestigious array of clients within the building and construction sector both in the UK and internationally. They are currently seeking to appoint an Economist to sit within the expanding Development Planning team in Glasgow.
The ideal candidate will have experience in economic impact assessment/ appraisal and business case development and have the opportunity to assist in a burgeoning portfolio of private and public sector projects across the residential retail, renewables, regeneration, infrastructure and utilities sectors.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
* Preparing and influencing economic, planning, property, regeneration, and infrastructure development strategy, policy and research at national, sub-regional and local levels.
* Establishing the economic, financial and business cases in favour of projects and programmes, including major proposals and estate/property initiatives.
* Carrying out social and economic impact assessments, for example as part of the formal EIA process.
* Liaising and cultivating good relationships with clients and fellow professionals.
* Developing new business opportunities in the field of economic consultancy
Qualifications / Experience:
* Degree in town planning, geography, property surveying, economics, or a related discipline
* Good knowledge of UK planning system and good understanding of economic principles associated with development and infrastructure
* Experience of operating in the Scottish market is desirable
* Experience of public and private sector requirements, economic impact assessments and appraisals and business case development
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
For further information on this or any other related positions do not hesitate to contact Lizzie on 0141 375 7955
Mattinson Partnership brings together recruitment expertise with hands-on experience. Through our knowledge of the industry, we are able to provide a unique and specialist service. We respect the need for absolute confidentiality and offer every assurance that your application will be handled with the highest levels of professionalism. We actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
For Further Information on the Mattinson Partnership visit www.mattinsonpartnership.com