We have vacancy for an enthusiastic and ambitious Senior Environmental Scientist to take a role in our thriving Water Management Consultancy Team, as part of our Infrastructure Business, working on coastal and marine projects.
We are seeking a candidate capable of Project Managing and supporting Project Managers to deliver large projects and provide environmental inputs for a range of projects, as required. Project work will be varied, from coastal and marine Environmental Impact Assessments, Marine Licensing applications and advice; and coastal habitat surveys, to project delivery administration. We also have a thriving international business which will provide further opportunity for progression and career development.
The vacancy is for someone who will combine excellent project delivery with good client management and business development.
• Degree in Environmental Science, Environmental Consulting or similar;
• Chartered Scientist (CSci) or equivalent with solid post Chartership experience in Marine and Coastal Environmental Science;
• Experience of Marine Licensing and Environmental Impact Assessment, HRA, SEA and WFD in a marine or coastal context;
• Applicants must be able to demonstrate that they have experience in managing and delivering projects successfully with a fee level of over £100k;
• Applicants should have experience of business development and multi-disciplinary project delivery;
• Applicants must be able to demonstrate their personal credibility in the Marine and Coastal market place in the UK, Europe or internationally;
• Applicants must have excellent project management skills, commercial awareness, financial management skills and be able to deliver work across a range of contract types;
• Applicants must be numerate, literate and familiar with IT and software appropriate to the tasks undertaken;
• Have a valid UK driving licence, be available to travel across the UK and occasionally overseas, if required.
The role will include responsibility:
• To manage projects from inception to completion.
• Responsible for client management, programme management and financial performance of the projects.
• Contribute to preparation of bids to high commercial and competitive standards for the future success of the business.
• To maintain and expand a portfolio of internal and external clients, developing excellent professional relationships which can lead to securing repeat business.
• Liaise with and support other Project Managers and Project Directors across the National and International Business.
• Work collaboratively with other Atkins businesses to promote the Atkins Group and to cross sell Atkins service.
You will also be responsible for working with the rest of the Water Management Consultancy team and Atkins staff in general in advancing our technical capability to the highest standard. This will include identifying innovative approaches and techniques, presenting technical papers and training and mentoring our junior staff.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate evidence of:
• A confident and professional manner;
• A high expectation of performance for themselves and other members of the team;
• Customer focused with excellent relationship management skills;
• Good team working skills and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels; and
• A supportive and encouraging approach to mentoring less experienced members of the team.
Flexible and remote working opportunities are available
Atkins develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development activities designed to help its staff make the best of their abilities and talents. Personal development is reviewed through an annual appraisal process.
We actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions.
Rewards and Benefits
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package, and an opportunity to develop and learn new skills in a supportive and friendly environment. For full details of our benefits package please refer to our website.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.